The countdown to your upcoming beach-cation is officially on. Whether it’s a trip you’ve had in the books for months or a spontaneous road trip to the west coast (Cali’s calling for ya!), there’s no time like right now to start packing. If only you knew where to start! Going beyond a slew of flattering womens bathing suits, colorful sunnies and lazy girl-approved footwear options, there’s a long list of stylish travel essentials (like your favorite beach floats!) that you would never have thought to pack. To ensure that you have the most epic vacation ever, we’ve put together 13OMG-worthy beach essentials that won’t break the bank. Pssst: They’re all $100 or less, so you can snag ‘em all!
1. Bando I Am Very Busy Swimsuit ($99): Even self-proclaimed girl bosses have time for some fun in the sun. The next time you play hooky from the office, wear this cheap one piece swimsuits to the beach with an extra-floppy straw hat and oversized shades. Your message will be loud and clear as you proceed to soak up the rays and dive into a juicy summer read.
2. Havaianas Slim Cool in Light Pink ($28): If you’ve ever worn a pair of Havaianas, then you know how comfortable they are. For your next getaway, do style these fun cacti and sombrero printed flip-flops with a flowy maxi dress or neon monokini.
3. Loft Beach Striped Surfside Pants ($60): In addition to a swimsuit and sunnies, it would serve you well to add a pair (or two) of these surf-inspired lounge pants to your off-duty wardrobe. Trust us: They’re just as comfortable as they look. Wear them for lazy Sundays, designated beach days and post-poolside shenanigans.
4. Mango Cotton Jacquard Shorts ($40): Easy as slip-on-and-go, these navy jacquard shorts with tassels are just the thing to throw on for a quick dip in the ocean (just your toes) and a late-night beach bonfire.
5. Kate Spade Crochet Packable Fedora ($78): Packing conundrums, begone! We finally uncovered a sun hat that won’t get crushed in your suitcase or carryall. This packable crochet fedora (with a bow!) is not only ridiculously charming, but it’ll protect you from the sun on days you forget your sunnies in the hotel room.
6. TheWhiteBrand Emoji Slider Flat Sandals ($29): In an emoji-obsessed world, these quirky emoticon slides are clutch. Pizza, pineapples and donuts — what more could you ask for?
7. Nasty Gal High Ropes Ribbed Romper ($52): Gear up for your very own Roman holiday, Audrey Hepburn style, thanks to this effortlessly chic black lace-up romper that will take you from a beachside stroll to riding Vespas at sunset. A timeless fedora and stylish espadrilles make the perfect companions.
8. Marimekko for Target Women’s Tunic ($27): Leave it to Marimekko to make even a day at the beach look totally glam. This tropical tunic featuring one of the Finnish brand’s iconic floral prints is too chic for its own good. Did we mention it’s under $30? Oh yeah.
9. Urban Outfitters Visor Party Sunglasses ($8): Now here’s a throwback to your college days circa spring break freshman year. If you’re going to party it up, then you might as well do so in style. Enter the citrusy sweet tangerine printed visor you needed in your life yesterday.
10. Zara Bird Print Turban Style Headband ($13): This girl ain’t got time to deal with pesky flyaways! Style your natural beach waves with this tropical bird printed turban for a polished look that requires zero effort.
11. Missguided Mesh Maxi Dress ($43): Ready to turn some heads? Solidify your island-girl status with this come-hither maxi dresses on sale that demands attention. You can style it beyond the bedroom with a sultry bodysuit, or just slip it over your scalloped bikini for an I-just-woke-up-like-this look.
12. Urban Outfitters Ellie Stripe Essential Bath Towel ($39): Go ahead and add this festive striped bath towel to your vacation packing list. Not only will it come in handy when laying out on the beach (or lounging by the pool), but it’ll also provide you warmth around the campfire.
13. Ya Swim Some, Ya Cruise Some Cheap High Waisted Bikini ($90): Make a splash this summer (literally) with this chartreuse and hot pink color-block bikini that’s guaranteed to put you in a vacay state of mind. Whether you’re chilling by the pool with your favorite inflatable swan or catching a game of beach volleyball, you need a swimsuit this playful on standby.