As a matter of fact, hands are like a big nest of bacteria, where thousands of germs are present. They therefore present a very high risk of disease transmission. So what are the most common hand infections? Keep reading, the nail supply expert Maryton will give you answers.
Here are 5 of the most common:
1. Bacterial skin infection: Occurs when bacteria gets under the skin through cuts or scrapes and causes redness, swelling and pain.
2. Fungal skin infection: These occur when fungus enters the skin through cuts or scrapes and causes redness, itching and peeling.
3. Viral skin infection: These are caused by viruses such as HPV and can lead to warts, cold sores or other symptoms.
4. Paronychia: This is an infection of the tissue surrounding the nail that can cause redness, swelling and pain.
5. Herpetic Bleaching: This is a viral infection that causes blisters and sores on the fingers or toes.
If you think you have one of these hand infections, it is important to see a doctor for treatment and to avoid spreading the infection to others. In addition, I also advise you to invest in some professional manicure sets to care for your nails.